Wednesday, 13 May 2015

6 Vegan Products for THAT Time Of The Month

Whenever I feel THAT time of the month is approaching, I make sure I am ready as I can be with some of my favourite items that make me feel as comfortable as possible. As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting as much lately, which has to do with the fact that I was going through that time of the month WHILE looking for a new apartment and finally successfully moving out. With the loyal help of chocolate, some laughter and some tears I made it through (Yay!). So, here they are, some of my favourite items that helped me this time. 

Personal Hygiene
1. Natracare - I am in love with this brand and I normally get it in my local Whole Foods Market. They do not contain any chlorine and are free from animal testing. The pads are also free from many other nasties that can be found in similar products. I like them, because they make me feel somewhat comfortable and I definitely recommend them!
2. Shower Gel That Makes You Feel You Are In A Spa - Being a big fan of anything that has to do with chocolate or coconut, I knew I had get these two scents and I am currently enjoying Chocolate Shower Gel & Foam Bath  by Faith In Nature and Smoothing Coconut Body Wash by Jason. They both leave such a soft and smooth feeling on my skin and spoil me under the shower. My friend used Jason's body wash the other day and I heard her screaming from the shower: This is GOOD stuff! I agreed.
I will soon write proper reviews, because I am loving these, so stay tuned ;)
3. Pacifica Radiant Shimmers - Not really suitable for the “personal hygiene” title, but they do save me from looking crazy bad. I don't know about you, but I get super pale and look like a ghost when I am on my period. Back in the days, when I had black hair, I would put bright red lipstick on and I looked like Snow White. True story. 
These days, however, I prefer to look somewhat decent and these Radian Shimmers add some nice colour to my skin, which I truly appreciate. Snow White no more!

Handle Your Cravings
1. Bounce Balls - these balls are a life saver! My favourite is the green spirulina one, and it fills me up with energy whenever I am on the go. Seriously love the taste and texture. Not all of their flavours are vegan, so make sure you check out the label, if you are following this lifestyle.
2. Vego Chocolate Bar - I mentioned before how much I love Booja Booja, but when it is that time of the month - forget about it. I need some proper, very sugary chocolate that will hit me straight into my brains. God, I seriously love this vegan chocolate bar. It is amazing!
3. Fruit - If you prefer healthier versions, I like to stock on fruit as well; strawberries, blueberries, dates are very sweet and very helpful. I often go for papaya and mangos as well.

Get Comfortable
Now that you are all set up with your favourite vegan products, it is time to get comfortable. I like to get under the blanket, get warm and watch Youtube videos. You will find me surrounded by all the empty chocolate papers and a lot of water next to my bed, with a dorky smile on my face watching Ellen videos. I will make sure to check out these Youtube channels as well: 
Essena Oneill
Mimi Ikonn
Cloudy Apples
I love these girls and their content!

This is your time ladies, try to enjoy it as much as possible :)


How do you pamper yourself during that time of the month?


TWITTER  FACEBOOK  YOUTUBE  INSTAGRAM

8 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Related to Natracare, I also recommend a menstrual cup! I started using one for the environmental benefits (no waste! yay!) but they're also useful from an animal rights viewpoint. Definitely worth checking out.

    xoxo,

    Stile.Foto.Cibo

    ReplyDelete
  3. mycitymylondon14 May, 2015

    Since Beyonce's dress pics, everyone has gone Vegan haha


    www,mycitymylondon.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. What dress photos? :) Nah, I have been vegan for over 2 years now and vegetarian since my childhood ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across a menstrual cup before, but I was too scared to try it. Would you recommend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely! They have a learning curve to get used to- I'll be very upfront about that. It took me like 4 or 5 cycles to really get the hang of it. But they're really really great. I don't know if it was cup related but it even helped reduce my cramps! From a pain level that was a strong 7 down to a 3 or 4.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds great! Thank you for recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...