Thursday, 30 April 2015

Animals Deserve Better

Yes, they do deserve better than being tested on. This nonsense has to stop! Animals feel fear and pain just like we do and there is no excuse as to why people should test on them. A great example is the BUAV Charitable and many others who support and fund non-animal tested research. 

WHY ANIMAL TESTING SUCKS:
*in Europe, an animal dies in a laboratory every 3 seconds,
*globally, around 100 000 animals suffer and die each year in animal laboratories
*people test on rabbits, rats, mice etc.
 “Common animal tests used for cosmetics are the draize eye test where rabbits are restrained at the neck so that chemicals can be dripped in their eye and observed for signs of reddening, swelling, bleeding etc; skin irritation/corrosion in which rabbits or guinea pigs have their fur shaved so that chemicals can be spread on their skin and observed for signs of cracking and bleeding; oral toxicity tests which typically use mice or rats who are force fed chemicals via a tube or syringe directly into their stomach, often in mega-doses, to observe signs of poisoning such as seizures, tremors, internal bleeding, coma and death.” 
In simple words; it is horrible, unethical and anything but necessary.

HOW CAN YOU & I PREVENT ANIMAL TESTING:
1. Be aware of the companies that still test on animals. 
A very good video with a lot of the companies, which still test on animals was made by Ela Gale, who also inspired me to write this post.
Ela Gale: They Deserve Better - she presented this issue in a beautiful way and basically said everything that is going on in my head. I LOVE the quote at the end of her video:
“The reason I dedicate myself to helping animals so much
 is because there are already so many people
dedicated to hurting them.”
2. Stop Supporting These Silly Companies
3. Fall in love with the cruelty-free and vegan cosmetic
Personally, I only support vegan products, but I find supporting cruelty-free products A BIG step in the right direction.
Find some lists here:
Cruelty Free Kitty - Cruelty-free Brands
Aniqa Dreams - Vegan Beauty Brands - A Mini Guide
4. Be an advocate for a cruelty-free lifestyle and enjoy the movement with the rest of the world. The change is happening as you are reading this, but we all need to step in and contribute. It is time to be a part of something beautiful! It is time for our dreams to become a realty (get it - Aniqa DREAMS? ;))

6 comments:

  1. I love love love this post! When I first went vegan last year, I really didn't know the sick amount of testing that went on behind closed doors. Its so messed up! I try to use as many cruelty-free products as I can and would encourage anyone to do the same. We're starting to actually make a difference and you can see it in the companies that are starting to make changes. Let's put an end to this!!
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post =] I love animals, my cats are my babies =]


    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emma! Cats are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I was nodding all the time while reading your comment xD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...