Monday, 9 February 2015

PASTEL LOVE with La Couleur Couture Nail Polish


It is all about the pastel craziness these days and it took me awhile to go for it, but finally, I gave in. Whenever I visited Pinterest, Tumblr or any other similar social media websites the photos would scream:
PASTEL, PASTEL... MORE PASTEL
So here I am finally (proudly) falling in love with this colour as well.
I have been sniffing around the shelves in Planet Organic, looking for new products and there they were. These lovely nail polishes smiling to me from the shelves. When I came closer, I noticed the lovely design (for some reason I thought they were angel wings, but I later on realised they are two birds making a heart. I hope it is not something else and that I didn't just fail miserably trying to describe the design).

I got the #1992

I desperately tried to ignore the beautiful colours, when I saw the sign vegan-friendly. Oh-oh. This is when I realised I am sooner or later gonna walk out of the shop with one of these babies. Being a responsible shopper, I managed to leave the shop and re-think my almost purchase. You see, this is my secret tactic: whenever I see something I like, I quickly leave the shop and if I can't stop thinking about the product, I know we were meant to be and I buy it the very next day. This is how I avoid buying countless products that would later on end up not even being used. Yes, thank you, I came up with that tactic myself.

Anyways, back to the La CC nail polish, which is, as I am typing this, proudly resting on my nails.

THE NAIL POLISH NUMBER I GOT: #1992

MY THOUGHTS:
 YAY :) 
* it is very easy to apply, however it needs a second coat
* it dries fast (after applying the second coat, I managed to put a bag of cereals back in the box WITHOUT destroying the polish. Us ladies know this is a big accomplishment, but when I proudly told that to my flatmate, he didn't seem to be very impressed. I don't blame him)
* beautiful colour
* long lasting (I don't know what's with my index fingers though. They seem to always be the first to give up on the nail polish. Anyone else with the same problem?)

After checking the brand's website, I came across more good news:

La CC aka La Couleur Couture brand offers nail polishes that are:
* toxic-free, cruelty-free, vegan-friendly, with a UV inhibitor.
* meaning: no chemicals or toxins such as parabens, gluten, formaldehyde, resin, DBP, camphor or toluene.

 NAY :( 
* my left hand looks much neater than my right one; I am forever bad at applying nail polish with my left hand. WHY?! (this is obviously not the brand's fault, but rather the fault of my clumsiness)
* as mentioned above, it does need a second coat in order to leave a smooth effect

WHERE TO BUY:
I bought the nail polish in London in Planet Organic.
They are also available here: OFFICIAL WEBSITE. 

HOW MUCH DO THEY COST:
$12.99 CAD or
9.99 GBP

Are you familiar with this brand? What are your favourite nail polishes? 


TWITTER ♥ FACEBOOK ♥ YOUTUBE  INSTAGRAM

14 comments:

  1. theblackblush blog09 February, 2015

    Love the colour!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspoto.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it took me a very long time to warm up to it ;) Welcome to the vegan world, btw! It is always great seeing more and more people interested in this lifestyle. Let me know, if you ever have any questions; I might be able to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Cooper09 February, 2015

    This colours gorgeous and looks so similar to the Barry M Gelly Rose Hip colour! Have a look at my blog http://jennifercooper99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard some good things about Barry M and I really want to try it out. Will check out your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanna Barlow09 February, 2015

    Lovely! I'm all about that soft pastel colour in spring/summer. So ready for it haha x


    jobrlw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! That is so thoughtful of you. I will surely be stopping by to see all of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you listed the CAD price too! I find pastel shades tends to be less opaque than the darker hues. The nail polish looks really good on you, I can never wear such pale shade as I am medium skin tone so it makes my nails look fresh out of the morgue. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am ready for the warm weather as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I am quite pale so I can easily wear bright shades. They do offer other shades as well though so I am sure you could find something for yourself as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree with you Shireen, thanks for including CAD price :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...