Monday, 23 February 2015

My Current Natural Hair Care Routine

As you already know, I am all about natural and cruelty-free products, which can also be seen in my hair care routine. However, I wasn't always like that. I pretty much destroyed my hair in the past; I experimented with various colours and I managed to literally burn my hair (thank you mrs. hairdresser, I can still remember the look on your face and a big OH SH*T in my head when the toxic smell and the smell of my burning hair hit my nose). After this unpleasant experience (AND a forever goodbye to a certain hairdresser), I became more careful, began with a hair treatment and started looking for natural ways to get my hair back. I simply wanted them NOT to look like straw anymore. So here I am, sharing my current hair care routine, which will hopefully help at least some of you who also had a pleasure to walk around with burned hair before.

MY HAIR CARE ROUTINE:

1. COCONUT & WALNUT OIL 
I massage coconut oil into my scalp and also spread it all the way to the ends of my hair. Sometimes I add a bit of walnut oil to the ends of my hair or I apply argan oil/avocado oil etc. Whichever oil is close to me:)
I leave this mask on my hair for about 15 minutes to half an hour.
Time to step under the shower and wash it all off. 

2. SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
As I mentioned in some of my previous posts, I like trying out different cruelty-free (and vegetarian/vegan) shampoos & conditioners. The brand that I am loving at the moment is Avalon Organics; I have been using their Ylang Ylang SHINE Shampoo and Ylang Ylang SHINE Conditioner for about a month now and I have been very satisfied with the results. My hair looks healthier and shinier and I am happy I decided to give it a try. That being said, the brand won't magically make your hair perfect, but you can expect decent results. Avalon Organics is against animal testing and holds a leaping bunny certificate, which I talked about in my post 6 TIPS: How to spot an animal testing company
Both products contain 100% vegetarian ingredients, 70% organic ingredients and the bottles are made of 100% recycled material.
The price: I purchased them in Planet Organic for GBP 6.79 each.

3. DRY NATURALLY
90% of the time I avoid using a hair dryer, as I prefer to dry my hair naturally. My friends, however, like to make fun of me, because I love to use a hair dryer instead of the heater. For example, I would read a book and have a hair dryer on and enjoy its warmth. I am aware that this kind of behaviour is not economical and I am working on this issue!

4. CATCH A COLD
Try not to walk outside with damp hair like I sometimes manage to do. Sometimes I catch a cold, other times I don't.

Do you have your favourite hair routine or any products that you'd like to recommend? Let me know in the comments:)




TWITTER  FACEBOOK  YOUTUBE  INSTAGRAM

14 comments:

  1. Ah it's always the heat that gets me in trouble with my hair...but I try to not use too much heat. Also natural products definitely makes a difference and always great to find inexpensive ones too :)


    www.recalcitrantgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard that you can use coconut oil for haircare and now I really need to try it! Thanks for the tip!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like to use cocnut oil as a mask, nice post!! x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried coconut oil and even after washing it out and drying my hair, it stuck in their and I looked like I had super drippy hair. Maybe I need to give it another go...
    Personally I've never tried Avalon Organics hair care but I do love my shampoo and conditioner from Jason. I'm also thinking of trying those from Alba Botanica - any thoughts?
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happened to me as well in the beginning, but then I started applying a smaller amount and now it works great :) I am not familiar with Alba Botanica, but the ingredients seem ok and there is no animal testing so why not :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oregano oil sounds great! I might try it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also let my hair dry either most of it, then finish with the dryer or 100% air dry. I have tried coconut oil before, but I don't know how to measure it so I'm not looking like a grease ball after the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great routine! Oiling hair is so good for you! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree :) Thanks for the comment x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had some problems with coconut oil at the beginning as well and I had to find the perfect solution for my hair. Personally, I need a very small amount of coconut oil, other people might need way more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these tips! I use coconut oil for my hair too and it leaves it feeling so soft! Now I just need to work on letting it air dry ;)

    Lauren | Disco Daydream

    ReplyDelete
  12. One step at the time ;) Hope you will be successful with the air drying. It took me a while, but I love it now x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you tried Lush shampoo's and conditioners? They're all cruelty free and vegetarian. I'm posting a review on their solid hair care products next week, have a look.
    http://lushobsessed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to try again with a tiny amount!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...