Wednesday, 11 February 2015

6 Healthy Lifestyle Tips with Vegan Life Magazine


Whenever I get the Vegan Life Magazine in my hands on my computer, I get excited for the lovely read that is waiting for me. After reading the first two issues, I am comfortable knowing that the magazine will offer a lot of positivity and happiness, which I truly appreciate. The writers always manage to gently touch different areas and beautifully describe various personal stories.

I got a lot of good information about the detox and useful recipes in this issue that will thrill any food lover who would like to look on the healthier side of the meals.

Having said that, here is some of my favourite information that I have gathered in the magazine and would love to share with you:

1. “NHS suggest that you look for the number next to the Carbohydrates (total sugars) on the food labels. If the product contains more than 22.5g total sugars per 100g, that counts as "high". If the figure is 5g or less per 100g, that is considered as low.”

Did you know that? I didn't! After writing this post, I will be headed to the cupboards checking the labels. A curious little head like me must know what I eat!

2. “When a craving kicks in, grab a glass of water, wait 15 minutes and assess whether the craving is still there.”

I have actually been doing this in the past and I must say it definitely does work, However, sometimes I manage to forget about this simple trick and I proceed with my trip to the kitchen. Need to remember this more often!

3. Green juices, including wheatgrass are recommended to be drank at least once a day. They deliver a power pack of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.

I have been aware of that, however, I am too lazy to stick to juicing, because (she hesitated...) I do not like cleaning all the mess after making smoothies or juices (she finally admitted ashamed). Ok, ok! I will do it! If anything, they are damn good, that's why :)

4. Top 10 Detoxifying Raw Foods:

5. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.”

THIS. Some wise words right here. These words were actually written regarding people, who try to stop eating cheese, which can be quite addictive. The article suggested we shouldn't be hard on ourselves, but to rather be gentle to ourselves and start small. It also suggested we should mark our progress somewhere we can see it every day. The article also suggested to try being without cheese for a month instead of being without cheese for ever and ever. However, if this sounds like too much of a hustle for you, you should break it down to 2 weeks/1week/3 days. These words do not apply only to the cheese topic! We can easily apply them to the gym/healthier lifestyle/less computer (HOLA, Aniqa!) etc. I like these words :)

6. Whenever you want to start a new lifestyle, diet etc. you shouldn't ask yourself HOW?, but rather WHY?, because the motivation and values must be lined up. If not, there might be a brief shift, but you will probably fall in the long term.

This is definitely something I have been dealing with. I get passionate about the gym and get great results, but after a while I stop exercising, because I am too busy, don't have a gym nearby (I travel quite a lot) or I find other silly excuses. The articles, which mentioned this issue, actually talked about people who decide to go vegan. Personally, I have been vegetarian since my childhood and vegan for a few years now and my decisions are both based on the ethical grounds. I asked myself not HOW to be vegan, but WHY. After doing a research about WHY being a vegan is something that is very much a part of my values, I had not once thought of going back to the meat-eating lifestyle and my lifestyle became completely natural to me. I guess I should think like that about other things that I want to achieve in life as well.

Do you want to read more? You can buy the Vegan Life Magazine HERE.


What are some of your favourite healthy lifestyle tips? 


TWITTER ♥ FACEBOOK  YOUTUBE  INSTAGRAM

15 comments:

  1. These are great tips!
    I like to stay fit and healthy, eating healthy is definitely the harder part!
    Emily
    xx

    http://emilyattemptslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating healthy is key to lasting well being! Thanks for sharing!;)

    ♥♥♥

    Jeanne

    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree! Thanks for reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, eating healthy can be tricky sometimes, specially on a student budget ;) Thanks for the comment Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fashionpumpkin11 February, 2015

    Great post...thanks for sharing :)

    http://www.fashionpumpkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently started juicing and I LOVE my green juice!

    Silly Medley: Lifestyle and Travel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love no. 2! i snack A LOT, actually I snack almost all the time and I have been looking for ways to stop it. I'll keep no. 2 tip in mind, fingers crossed it'll help me. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! And thank you for sharing. Now I am one step closer to start doing it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I LOVE to snack as well so I guess we are in the same boat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This such a great post and your blog is soo informative!!! Amazing!

    I would be sooo happy if we will follow each other and stay in touch, honey! Follow4follow? :D
    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! :) Sure, we can follow each other x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anissa Marie23 February, 2015

    Thanks for the great post! I didn't know about the water trick o.O xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are welcome! Yes, that trick is so simple, but very effective! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healthy Tips14 June, 2015

    How do you know who will be a good site for your personal trainer of health nutrition or health tips?
    you should know which is your best for this types of goods,I have never needed the services of one as of yet, but I have always been curious what makes a good about my health and fitness.I would say about my topics.Talk about something out of the part.

    Healthy Tips

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...