Friday, 26 December 2014

My Secret Santa Surprise


My family has a tradition where we play Secret Santa once a year on Christmas eve. It is one of my favourite traditions as even the adults get all excited and curious about what is hiding under the Christmas tree. We randomly pick the notes with our names written on them and don't tell anyone who we are buying the gift for. This year my sister got up and said: no shame, but I'd like to inform my Secret Santa, whoever that is, that I'd love to get a notebook for my work (she went on being quite specific about what kind of notebook she wanted). I realised that was my chance as well and I spoke up (actually, screamed over my family members); I Love Own candles and I saw them in this and that shop! No shame! 
Guess what? Along with my favourite coconut dark chocolate, the softest towel and the loveliest notebook with positive quotes, Secret Santa got me OWN Candles! This gift was truly a cherry on top on Christmas eve.


If you read my My Christmas Wish List, you'd probably know that I put Own candles on it and I also explained why I wanted them under my Christmas tree. They are handmade in EU with Swiss-made fragrances and made from 100 % vegetable wax without any animal testing! They look great in my room and I am sniffing the travel candle - lavender fields as I am writing this post. I cannot get over how good it smells!


The second item that I received were the spiced vanilla rose-shaped wax melts that come in adorable jar with lovely paper decoration on the top. I have been trying to smell the wax through the glass as I do not want to destroy the packaging, because I really like it! This is obviously not a good way when you try to smell the scents and I have yet to decide what to do. I will probably give up soon and open the jar.


I also received a burner for wax melts, which I cannot wait to use. Come on, just look at it! Such a lovely design! You did well Secret Santa, you did well :)

What did you find under the Christmas tree this year? 

18 comments:

  1. These look so lovely! Good thing you spoke up ;)


    Glad you had a Merry Christmas!


    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indre Kilimaite26 December, 2014

    Oh, wow! That is such a nice packaging! I love it! :) x

    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I will know for the next time that it is good to say what you want out loud :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so nice!
    love the packaging, just adorable!
    Love items like this.

    (A late) Merry Christmas!

    xx

    Curvybird.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! A late Merry Christmas to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet gifts! What a lovely tradition :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not complaining about this tradition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Literally Liz27 December, 2014

    Adorable candles! Such a sucker for packaging, ha. Hope you had a great Christmas.

    xoLiz
    http://theliterallyliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!! And oh my, he photos of your candles are so beautiful - I bet they smell divine! =D Merry belated Christmas to you :) xoxo


    missreverie | Fashionista NOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool!

    ♥♥♥

    Jeanne

    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://blondeandcupcakes.blogs28 December, 2014

    The candles look amazing! Hope you had an amazing time during Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did, thank you! One of my fav Christmas eves so far even though it is always lovely :) Hope you had a great time during Christmas as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, I am really happy to hear that you like the photos :) The candles smell divine! I am smelling one as I am typing this ;) Merry belated Christmas to you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear we agree about the packaging haha :D Happy belated Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds amazing! I don't think I ever came across this scent before :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...