Monday, 29 December 2014

My New Year's Resolutions


I know, I know. Talking about the resolutions again. A lot of people don't like them as most of them fail to be accomplished. I actually read an article, which said that up to 88% of New Year's resolutions fail! Just yesterday I called my best friend asking her wether she'd be interested in joining me at accomplishing one of the resolutions with me and her answer was: Hell no! I suck at these and I am always mad at myself for not accomplishing them. Do you feel the same?
I actually feel quite the opposite; I love resolutions. Normally, I will get inspired by something that I saw or read. Sometimes, I will go crazy after hearing a cool song (man, those can inspire me on another level, but sadly, I find good songs to be quite rare these days) or after smelling a lovely scent (guess what is keeping me company while writing this... A lavender scented candle that I already mentioned HERE). When coming up with New Year's resolutions, I find it really important to write the whole plan, add photos, quotes, different colour pens are a must... Basically, getting organised with the resolutions is what I truly LOVE doing! This year I decided to share some of them with you.

1. Reading one book a month
I just finished Linchpin by Seth Godin, which was given to me by Alex & Mimi Ikonn. The book inspired me in so many ways and it was a pleasure reading it. It is about our choices, future and our potential to make a huge difference in whatever field we choose and I highly recommend it. I am excited to start reading a new book and I will probably get the #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso, which I mentioned in My Christmas Wish List. Her interviews are always fun, informative and inspiring to watch and I cannot wait to read her book, as I am sure I won't be disappointed. As you can see, I like reading books that inspire and bring new ideas.

2. Hitting the gym more often
After the summer I became a bit lazy with exercising and I miss the feeling I had when I was in good shape. I am ready to get back on track and I already have the photos of ladies that inspire me and will keep me on track. The photos represent a gentle and quick reminder of what I want to achieve and they can be very powerful and, yes, I will use this word again, inspiring. Bring on the sweat, gym music and a whole lot of bitching while I am exercising. I might be good at complaining in my head, but I am also good at achieving things! ;)

3. Get out of my comfort zone at least once a month
I have learned some of the greatest lessons by taking risks and living outside of my comfort zone and I believe it is time to do more exciting things and to face new challenges. I already have a few things in my mind and I am excited to see where they will take me. 

4. Learn something new
I want to improve my German language, take drawing lessons, improve my photography, make more DIY projects... Basically, a lot of fun stuff, which I have already been doing in 2014 and am excited to do more of in 2015.

5. Finish my projects
I have been working on several different projects, which I cannot share with you yet, but I am super excited to bring them to life. Woop, woop! :)

If you need more motivation, I suggest you visit Reddit.com/r/Getmotivated, but make sure you don't spend too much time on it and rather go out and get things done ;)

What are your NY's resolutions and how are you planning to achieve them? 

10 comments:

  1. Reading more often is something I would also like to accomplish in 2015. I go through spurts where I devour a few novels over a month, and then the next month I'll only read magazines. I hope 2015 brings you tons of happiness.

    Silly Medley: Lifestyle and Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. New challenges are so exciting! I love your resolutions!
    I wish you happy holidays!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http:fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Happy holidays to you too Miss Jeanne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this comment Camille :) I miss the good old days when I was able to read one book after another. Hopefully, this resolution will put me back on track at least a tiny bit :) Lots of happiness in 2015 to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea Finn31 December, 2014

    Yes! Many of my resolutions are the same as yours. Here's to a new year!

    -Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://blondeandcupcakes.blogs31 December, 2014

    I always fail in accomplishing my NY's resolutions.. Happy New Year! :)

    blondeandcupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow a stupid amount of tv shows weekly and watch a lot of movies instead of reading even though I love reading. I need to read more. -_-

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2015 to you too Chelsea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try to stick with one of them this year. You never know what might happen ;) Happy 2015 to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are more then welcome to join me at accomplishing this resolution - one book every month. We can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...