Monday, 8 December 2014

My Christmas Wish List

Let me start this post by saying that I am fully aware that some items on this list are very unpleasant for the wallet. However, I decided to include them simply because I have been admiring them for a while now. That being said, I by no means expect from Mr. Santa to put these under my Christmas tree. Ask my boyfriend and he will tell you slightly annoyed how hard it is to get a present for me, because I worry people will spend too much money on me. Starring at these beautiful items and putting them on a list is free though and I had so much fun creating it. I believe you can get to know me a little bit better through this list as well, as it screams out my personality (*my boyfriend just sent me a text: this list is SO you!), hence I feel comfortable saying these words: welcome to my world! ;)

1. Pirouette Brushes These brushes have been on my wish list for a while now, as they are cruelty-free, which means the bristles are not made of fur. The founders are two best friends who simply wanted to offer a high quality brushes without cruelty. They also make Youtube videos every now and then, which is also how I came across their brand. Also, a portion of every sale goes to the World Society for the Protection of animals. Obviously, a big plus for me! The brushes are made of the Taklon bristles, which are praised as the softest in the industry and loved for being incomparably hygienic. 

2. Lizzie Horse Print Dress by People Tree I love buying products with “the soul” and a positive story. People Tree sells fair trade clothes, which means everyone in the process are being payed fairly. I purchased a few of their items in the past and I am incredibly satisfied with the quality. The Lizzie Horse Print Dress is adorable; I LOVE the horse print and I also like the material this dress is made of, which is 100 % organic woven cotton. This dress is being made by CAOS, a socially responsible business in India. I would love to style it with the number 6 and number 10 on my list. Santa please! ;)

3. Whale & Sea Mug by Magpie Not long ago, I came across this brand and I am now able to spend a lot of time on their website, making the list of the things I'd like to purchase (which is basically everything). Honestly, I had no idea, which item should I put on my list, as I truly like them all. Finally, I picked this cute mug with the loveliest design ever and I can already see myself drinking some nice hot chocolate or tea out of it. All of their products are cruelty-free (this mug for example is made of Porcelain and the brand refuses to use Bone China, which is made of 50 % animal bone). 15 % of their sales go to the Cats Protection charity. Sweet! :)

4. #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso I am a bookworm and I have seen several interviews with this lady who happens to be the founder of Nasty Gal. I am truly inspired by her story (and her personality is so adorable!) and I cannot wait to get my hands on this book. Love the title as well! :D

5. Lavender Butter Soap by 100% Pure Being a big fan of cute soaps, lovely product packaging and the smell of lavender, I believe I do not have to explain why specifically I like this product! Let me mention just some of the ingredients: coconut oil, olive oil, rosehip, grapeseed, shea butter, avocado butter, vitamin E etc. Spot on!

6. Bark Falabella Shaggy Deer Fold Over Tote by STELLA McCARTNEY This incredibly successful designer refuses to use leather and fur for her work. I am a huge fan of her bags and shoes, but this bag is my number one! I like everything about it; the colour, the material (the lining has been created from recycled plastic bottles), the chain, the Stella McCartney logo... One day Falabella, one day you will be mine (muhahaha!).

7. Adopt An Animal I wanted to do something nice for animals who don't have a home and I decided to “adopt an animal” and donate some money for the lovely turkey Isabella. You can do the same via the link provided, or find a different shelter where you can financially help the animals. As you can see adopting an animal is still on my wish list, as I want to support more animals. They are too precious to be ignored!

8. Dragonfly Cushion by Magpie Another adorable design by Magpie, who has found the way to my heart and will hopefully soon find the way to my bed or my couch. It is made of 100 % cotton and polyester filling. It is a part of the Pondlife range, which is a collaboration with the Bristol based artist Tom Frost. Very good Magpie and Mr. Frost, very good! :)

9. Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles by Booja-Booja This truffle has won 10 awards. Yes, you should try it. Very simple ingredients, yet SO. GOOD.

10. Kristy Boots by STELLA McCARTNEY I simply love this design, I love that they are from Stella; my secret obsession. They don't just look crazy good, they also have a biodegradable rubber sole. Not just fashionable, but nature friendly as well. I am melting!

11. Thai Orchid Travel Tin Candle by OWN CANDLES Once again, I love the product design, the description sounds amazing and I am sure the smell wouldn't let me down either. The worst case scenario, I'd end up with the lovely product, which wouldn't be bad either. Reading the details about this candle made me smile as it is handmade in EU with Swiss-made fragrances, made from 100 % vegetable wax without any animal testing. I just love the brands like this who are not only about the profit, but who also care about how and what from are their products being made!

12. Sweet Cherry Wax Melts in a Gift Jar by OWN CANDLES Another item that I like from this brand. It would make a perfect Christmas gift along with other items from Own Candles. I know, I know I am quite bad, but it is really hard to pick the favourites if they offer so many great products! I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way!

What are your favourite products (or acts of kindness ;)) that ended up on your wish list? 

7 comments:

  1. theblackblush blog08 December, 2014

    Lovely wishlist! Numer 6 is great!
    xx


    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I smelled them in the shop the other they and I was in heaven! Sure, I will check out your wish list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read #Girlboss so badly, too! Definitely on my list this year :) Also, I love the idea of adopting an animal - I've almost done this through WWF. They even send you a little stuffed animal of the animal you're supporting as a reminder and a thank-you!
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the bag is also on my list! It's so rocker chic :) Love the post!

    http://www.takealookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds great! I didn't know WWF does that. Regarding the #Girlboss book; I will wait until Christmas and I am definitely getting it afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! That is a good way to describe the bag:) And thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...