Monday, 22 December 2014

Christmas Munchies: Hot Chocolate & Walnut Cakes


Can you believe it? Christmas is just around the corner and you can feel the joy everywhere you go. We are surrounded by beautiful decorations, happy people and the smell of amazing food. I do not know about you and the area you live in, but the snow here always fails to show up on Christmas Eve. Hopefully, it will be different this year, but it looks like it got stuck on the North Pole once again. This won't erase the smile off my face, however, as I enjoy the food in a warm and cozy embrace of my house and no one can take that away from me! :)
This weekend I made my favourite hot chocolate with three ingredients:
* coconut milk
* a teaspoon of raw cacao
* maple syrup
* adorable mug that I got for my mum, but was perfect for this photo 

It tasted like heaven! 


 I enjoyed my hot chocolate with lovely mini walnut cakes made by one of my friends. I am planning on making these as well as they are super simple to make. The ingredients you will need:
* ground walnuts (I am lucky enough that we have several walnut trees at home)
* rice milk
* puffed quinoa
* maple syrup

Mix warm rice milk and ground walnuts. Add some puffed quinoa and a few spoons of maple syrup and you are done. Time to enjoy! 

How do you like to spoil yourself during the Christmas time? Any simple & healthy recipes that you'd like to share? ;) 

10 comments:

  1. Hope you will like them as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, so delicious!:)

    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so good

    Giveaway on my blog!

    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious! :)


    jacklynv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make these for meeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious. I love walnuts, so will have to give these a go. Thanks for the recipe! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome! This recipe is definitely good for those who like walnuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photography is simply gorgeous! I love it. Fantastic post, by the way :)
    Marianne, from www.artdogsandfood.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I am slowly improving, but I love the process :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...