Friday, 24 October 2014

Lily Lolo Love


I found it! Everyone, I found my (so far) favourite mineral foundation! I am really excited to be able to say that, because it took me a long time to find it. There are a lot of cruelty-free foundations out there, but I wanted to get one that is not too expensive (as I am already successful at spending a bit too much money on quality products - my second name is quality over quantity) yet still a very good quality and one that obviously suits my skin. My boyfriend and I decided to walk 6 miles through Hyde Park to Belgravia where Mr. Google told me I could personally buy this product; as I do not like buying makeup over the internet (maybe eyeshadow, but definitely not foundation). Getting fit and shopping at the same time - not too bad! It was a lovely walk, however, when we finally arrived at the shop; the lady wasn't very helpful, but I still decided to go home with this Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation SPF15. My skin is quite light so I decided to go for the Barely Buff shade.


Let me first start with the packaging, which I love. It is simple, minimalistic, yet beautiful. I also like the material they use for the powders' packaging; it is so smooth and silky. Being a big fan of minimalism and black and white combinations, this has been one of my favourite packaged products so far. 5 points!
The effect the foundation leaves on my face is very gentle, yet super effective; it makes my skin look (almost) completely flawless without showing I am wearing foundation. It is a bit sparkly, but again, you can barely notice it as it looks very natural and pretty. I normally put my day cream on first, then my foundation; and then I am off talking to squirrels in Hyde Park. I'd definitely recommend this product as it is also quite affordable - it costs GBP 13.49, which I believe is a great price for the given quality.
This foundation is not oily and is suitable for all skin types. It has active antibacterial ingredients, SPF15 helps protect skin from damage, lockable sifter means no spills or mess, it is non-comedogenic, which means it does not block pores. I really do like it, I must say. In case you want a bit more info about it, here are the ingredients: 
 MICA, ZINC OXIDE [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE). 
To quickly conclude; I am very satisfied with this product and I am planning on purchasing more products from this brand to see if I will be satisfied with the rest of them as well. Fingers crossed! You know, it is always a good feeling to find a brand that doesn't disappoint. Hopefully, I have discovered a new one.

Have a great day lovelies x 

5 comments:

  1. This is my first time hearing about this brand, but it sounds amazing!


    Kárin

    NEW POSTS DAILY

    KÀRIN STYLES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really satisfied with it so far! :)

      Delete
  2. It's my fav foundation too! And we have the same colour also :) but I tried it ordering on the internet, I was both sure and lucky (honestly) to get it right on one go buying the samples. With foundations I feel like I have to try it on more than once and for some time to see how and if it changes...especially mineral ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I am always too scared to order makeup via the internet. Specially skin related products such as foundations etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always order on sites that I know, and before trying Lily Lolo I spent a week reading *everything* on the internet. And then ordered the samples on their website, to check the colour. Point is for me it's difficult to go to a shop where I can find mineral things, so I trusted a website I knew and trust ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...