Friday, 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween: A Fair Trade Cat Dress


Shout out to all the cats out there. The real ones AND the Halloween ones :)


 This lovely dress that I am wearing is from People Tree; a brand that sells amazing Fair Trade clothes. They help artisans and farmers help themselves by using their traditional skills. They support organic agriculture and producing by hand, which reduces CO2 emissions and help protect our lovely planet.




The Cat dress is made of 100% organic cotton and it is incredibly comfortable. I really like the fact that People Tree tells us exactly where the items we purchase are being made. My Mila Cat dress, for example, was made by Creative Handicrafts; a social enterprise working to empower disadvantaged women of the slum community in Mumbai, India. How amazing is that? Also, you don't only feel great when wearing this dress, but you can also speak cat language. No... Not really. 



Being Fair Trade, the items are obviously a bit more expensive, however, I think they are more than worth it. This beauty, for example, costs GBP 85 (you can find it here). If you really like the dress, but would rather get it a bit cheaper, you can try to get it at discount price at People Trees' sample sales, which they organise often. A curious little head like me obviously had to check out the sample sale and I was definitely not dissapointed. The only downside was not having a lot of small sizes at the sample sale, but I still managed to grab a few items that I fell in love with. 


What do you think about Fair Trade fashion? Are you willing to pay more for the items that carry the Fair Trade certificate?

8 comments:

  1. I love the print of that dress! I had never heard of Fair Trade fashion, I will have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cat print and the teal is gorgeous on you dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the print as well x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love your dress and boots especially! :) you look great <3

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I love my shoes as well. They are super comfortable!

      Delete
  4. The dress is so beautiful! Love the colour and the cat print. About fair trade (fashion or anything else), I sometimes just don't know to what extent we can trust the certification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean. I am currently doing a research about this subject for a UNI essay, because I really want to understand it better.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...