Monday, 4 August 2014

How To Be Happy: My 4 Simple Tips

This is my new segment called Motivational Monday where I share my personal tips. Today I wanted to talk about 4 simple steps that make me happy and bring sparkles to my life. Here we go:

1. Exercise

Even if you think you don’t have time to exercise, you should make time for it. Different studies show its positive effect on our happiness (it is even an effective strategy to overcome depression). I tried going to the gym, yoga classes etc. but now I realize that exercising at home suits me most (sometimes I do Jillian Michaels’ exercises or Insanity workout, other times I will pop to Neila Rey's website for quick workout tips and inspiration). I suggest you learn what suits your body and your schedule best.
I also make sure I spend a decent amount of time outside as well; I go for a walk with my dog, running or swimming and I always feel amazing afterwards.

2. Eat healthy
Photo: Deliciously Ella
Have you ever noticed you feel a bit down or tired after eating heavy and unhealthy processed foods? I have and I don’t like the feeling. This is why I try to eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and avoid eating packed food that has weird ingredients that I have never heard of before. Instead of sweets filled with sugar, I prefer snacking on raw desserts (they do not suit everyone, but I am definitely a fan).

Find some amazing and super healthy recipes on Deliciously Ella

3. Learn to have a positive attitude

Be aware of your thoughts and try to stay positive. I know it’s easier said than done (trust me, I know how tricky ones mind and thoughts can be), but our mind is like our body; you need to work on it every day to see results. It is a step-by-step process, but the results are pretty awesome. Personally, I like to make motivational posters, I have a special folder on my computer with nice photos and sayings, I like reading books about the subject (one of my favorite authors is Louise Hay, but there are plenty of others out there), I listen to interesting talks on my Ipod as well, among other things.

4. Listen to music

Last but not least, I like to make playlists with my favorite songs, turn the volume up, lie down, close my eyes, enjoy and just smile :) 


Do you have any special tips that put a smile on your face? I would love to hear your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...