Saturday, 12 July 2014

How I strengthened my nails the natural way



When I first heard about benefits of coconut oil, I knew I had to try it out. After my purchase I soon started using it as a make up remover and as a moisturizer. Sometimes I would apply a very small amount to the tips of my hair. Soon I started noticing positive affects on my nails as well; they got whiter and stronger and they wouldn’t break like they did before I was introduced to coconut oil.


Coconut Oil


After awhile I tried other oils as well such as argan oil and avocado oil (which I am currently using). I really like the affect all these oils have had on my nails.


Argan Oil

In the past I normally didn’t even have to use scissors, because my nails would break as soon as they grew a bit. Now my weekly nails routine consists of scissors, a nail file and oil, which I apply almost every day.


1.     Scissors from Boots
2.     A nail file from Leighton Denny
3.     Avocado oil from Neal’s Yard Remedies (at first I bought a different brand, which had refined avocado oil and I didn’t like it as much as I like this one. It had a different texture, color and smell. Unrefined oil is definitely a better option.)


These are my nails at the moment. Not perfect, however, I am very satisfied with the difference the oil usage made.

What is your secret for healthier nails?  


3 comments:

  1. What are you doing with the oil? Rubbing it into the nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can rub it directly into the nails. Or when you apply oil to your face or hair there is normally a bit of it left on your hands. I normally just rub what is left and that suits me best, because my hands don't get too oily.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll try that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...