Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Healthy Dessert for Summer

Today I made one of my favorite guilt-free snacks; Chia Seed Pudding. I decided to mix it with home grown strawberries and blueberries. This deliciousness always fills me with energy and it is perfect for hot summer days. You can have it as a dessert, a snack, or even as a breakfast. It is also super healthy so why not making one yourself?


In case you are unfamiliar with chia seeds here are just a few benefits:

  • they are packed with omega-3
  • full of dietary fibre; one-ounce serving (or 28 grams) of chia seed has about a third of recommended daily intake for adults
  • a great source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein

I normally put them in my smoothies, cereals or I make a pudding. You can also add them to a salad or a soup etc.

The pudding recipe is super simple. All you need is:

  •      chia seeds
  •      plant-based milk (for this recipe I normally use rice or coconut milk)
  •      some fruit (as you can see I used strawberries and blueberries)
  •     optional: you can add a bit of maple syrup, depends on how sweet you want your pudding to be


Put a few teaspoons of chia seeds in a glass of milk. I don’t use the measurement as I figured the best way to do it is by eye. Mix the ingredients with the fork and put the glass in the fridge. Some people only wait for a few minutes, but I prefer to leave the mixture in the fridge for an hour or two. In the meantime I normally check on it to make sure it is getting thicker (just like a pudding) and sometimes  I add more chia seeds and mix the ingredients again. Once ready, I add some fruit and it is done!


The pudding is normally gone in two minutes, but this time I decided to take one more photo just to show my bracelet as well;)



What is your favorite chia seeds recipe? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...